Talking about money can be awkward…
…but it is part of life. Sermons and Bible studies on giving are some of the least requested and listened to– we get it. Money is a private and important issue. Jesus knows this and spoke about money many times. As we think about it, here are some truths to remember.
1. God doesn’t want your money; He wants your heart. In the book of Hosea, God reminds us that He desires our faithful love more than anything else we could give Him (Hosea 6:6). Everything we do for God must flow from our love for Him.
2. We don’t give our money in order to please God, but in response to God’s love for us. God is pleased with us because of the sacrifice of Jesus, who paid for our sin with His life (Hebrews 10:10-18). Anything that we do is a response to His love.
3. God calls us to be generous with what we have because Jesus generously gave Himself for us. Our generosity is shaped by the ultimate generosity seen in the life and death of Jesus (2 Corinthians 8:9).
4. When we give, we experience the providence of God in a special way. In giving to the mission of God, we are declaring dependence on and trust in Him. He has promised to supply our needs as we act in faith (Philippians 4:19-20).
5. Our hearts are changed as we give. Jesus taught, in no uncertain terms, that our heart goes where our wealth goes (Matthew 6:21). If we want to be people more passionate about God’s Kingdom, we should give toward seeing its expansion.
When you give to the church,
you help spread the Gospel.
Our purpose is to see lives transformed by the Gospel. We want to share the Good News of God’s love displayed in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus with the whole world. We invite you to participate in this work by generously giving to the church. We use donations to reach those that do not know Jesus, equip Christians, and partner with others around the world to expand God’s Kingdom. Anchor Church is a registered 501(c)3 organization. All gifts are tax deductible, and donors will receive an annual giving statement for tax purposes.
Ways to Give
Simply text the word "GIVE" to
Click here to give through our secure
MAIL A CHECK
Anchor Church, 16400 US Hwy 331S,
Suite B2 #184, Freeport, FL 32439